Friday, January 5, 2018

Welcome!

This is my first blog specifically dedicated to my writing and to the fans thereof.  Be it Orphans of the Void, Bluesalts or some future project, I'll do my best to keep you, the readers, informed on my progress as an independent author.

The last three months of 2017 were an adventure.  Egged on by my next-door neighbor and best friend, Don, I embarked on my first non-Star Trek (fan-fiction) writing endeavor in close to twenty years.  I was originally going to wait until November first to begin, using the National Novel Writers' Month challenge to motivate me.

It's a good thing I started early.  There were a few walls that stopped my progress cold until I was able to batter through them, but those walls made me stop and step back for several days I couldn't afford to waste.

In hindsight, though, it was good that I did.  While I truly enjoy the creative process that goes with writing, being under such a tight deadline was not what it was cracked up to be.

Thus, I've set a more distant deadline for my second novel, Bluesalts.  I'll be posting a bit about that at a later date.

Until then, you can find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/admiralsirjohn or on Twitter at the same handle.  You can also occasionally find me playing Star Trek Online.  My primary toon is my "in-character" daughter, Fleet Admiral Amy C. Harris of the USS Marshal Martz.  Feel free to friend me there, too.  Just let me know that you read this post.

See you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment