Monday, September 26, 2022

A move can really put a cramp into a writing streak… as will COVID-19,

 

I just want to let everyone know that I am still alive and working on my third book, BLUESALTS: A TALE OF THREE PLANETS.  This one is something of an omnibus in that it could have been released as three books, but the storyline dictates a single volume (not to mention the title).

Unfortunately, I had to move due to the city Department of Development ruling that my old apartment building was unfit to be occupied.  I got most of my stuff moved (or at least the most essential stuff)… and then I got COVID.  Fortunately, my symptoms were mild, as I’ve gotten vaccinated and double-boosted.

The combination of the move and feeling like shit for about two weeks totally derailed my train of thought when it came to the storyline.

But fear not.   I will find it, because like Billy Connolly once said, I have all kinds of stuff floating around in my head, and every so often, something will force it’s way to the front and scream WRITE ABOUT ME!!!  WRITE ABOUT ME OR I’LL FUCKING GO AWAY!!!

Though, in my case, it usually just swims away and comes back later in a slightly different form.  It’s still usable, and still a good idea.  It’s just not quite what I originally had in mind.

I'll be back at it as soon as I get a new base for my desk chair.  This 40-year-old school chair (made for 4th graders, back when they were made to last) isn’t quite right…


More to come when the situation warrants it.

No comments:

Post a Comment